1. Who are we?
RedBlack Software, LLC is a technology company that provides investment management solutions to financial advisors and institutions. We may offer our solutions both on-premise and as software-as-a-service, on the cloud. Our services are based on an open architecture platform and interface with our partners who are major custodians and brokers as well as a wide variety of third-party applications.
You can find more information about our solutions and services on our website.
2. What are cookies?
A cookie, also known as a browser cookie, is a small text file which may be downloaded to your computer or device when you visit a website or use an app. Different types of cookies are used to do different things. These include letting you navigate between different pages on a website efficiently, remembering preference you have provided and helping us identify ways to improve your overall site experience. Others are used to provide you with advertising, which is more tailored to your interests, or to measure the number of site visits and the most popular pages users visit.
4. Are there different types of cookies?
Yes, there are different types of cookies – detailed below:
4.1 First party’ and ‘third party’ cookies
Cookies can be set and controlled by us for our websites (known as a ‘first party’ cookie) or a third party such as Facebook, for example to display advertisements and social sharing features (known as a ‘third party’ cookie).
4.2 Are there other cookie distinctions?
Yes, the following distinctions of cookies can be made:
- a) Session cookiesSession cookies are stored in your computer or device’s memory during your browsing session and are automatically deleted from your computer when you leave a website. These cookies usually store a session ID, allowing you to move from page to page without having to log-in repeatedly. They are widely used by commercial websites; for example, to keep track of items that a consumer has added to a shopping basket. Session cookies do not collect any information from your computer or device, and they expire at the end of your browser session.
- b) Persistent cookiesPersistent cookies are stored on your computer or device and are not deleted when your browser is closed. Persistent cookies can be used to retain your preferences for a particular website, allowing those preferences to be used in future browsing sessions. Persistent cookies usually assign a unique ID to your browser and they are usually configured to identify you for a prolonged period of time, from days to months or even years.
- c) Strictly necessary cookiesThese are essential for the operation of a website, e.g. to enable users to log in to secure areas of a website These let you move around our website and use essential features such as accessing secure areas of our website and identifying you as being logged in. Accepting these cookies is a condition of using our website as they are required for its proper operation. If you disable them, our website may not be able to function properly. These cookies don’t gather any information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you’ve been on the internet.
- d) Analytical/Performance cookiesThese allow us for this website to recognise and count the number of visitors to a website, thereby assisting us to improve how our website works. We use these cookies, sometimes referred to as ‘web analytics’ information, to collect information about how visitors use our website. This includes details of the site where the visitor has come from, pages viewed, which content visitors are clicking on, which products visitors are interested in and purchase and at what point a visitor leaves our website. We use this information to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.All information these cookies collect is aggregated and anonymous when used in the aggregate.On occasion we may share this information with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site. Alternatively, we may work with third-party suppliers who place cookies on your device and report on ‘web analytics’ information.
- e) Functionality cookiesThese are used to recognise users when they return to a website, enabling personalisation of content and user preferences, e.g. language or region. We use these cookies to recognise users when they return to a website. They enable the personalisation of content, the recognition of users and remember user preferences (for example, their choice of language or region). We use the information to improve our website and enhance our visitors’ experience.
- f) Targeting cookiesThese record a user’s visit to a website, the pages visited and the links followed, thereby tracking a user’s movements which allows behavioural profiles to be created and used for targeted online advertising. These cookies are used to collect information about your browsing habits in order to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. We will use the information to provide you with advertisements that are tailored to you.In addition, we may engage third party advertisers and advertising networks to place targeted advertisement cookies. This means that data collected through these cookies will be shared with such parties in order that they can select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users to assist them in performing this service. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertiser reach the kind of audience they want to target.You can opt-out of many third-party targeting cookies at https://optout.networkadvertising.org/ .
privacy notice, we may disclose data collected from cookies, such as visitor trends, to third parties, in an anonymous form, for research and statistical purposes, and to help us optimise our websites and the targeting of advertisements. The cookies that we use do not collect personal information such as name, address, email address and do not link any information they collect to an individual. From time to time we may also analyse IP addresses, user agent strings or other anonymous data sources.
7. Learn more about cookies
To find out more about cookies in general visit aboutcookies.org or allaboutcookies.org (which is run by IBA Europe). A guide to behavioural advertising and online privacy has been produced by the internet advertising industry which can be found at youronlinechoices.eu. The guide contains an explanation of the Internet Advertising Bureau’s self-regulatory scheme to allow you greater control of the advertising you see.
8. How can you contact us?